[GNC] Multi currency income

JB iulyb at buliga.net
Tue Feb 5 23:31:03 EST 2019

Hi,

I am using gnu-cash 2.6.12 on ubuntu. I used it for more that 5 years.

I think it was updated at some point this year and since them multi
currency feature does not work as it use to be.

For a check for 100 USD I use to enter the next transaction(s):

100 USD went on `Shareholder US account` denominated in US dollars  was
debited against `Shareholder account` nominated in CAD .
At that point the rate dialogue popped out and I enter the rate for that
day according to national bank of Canada and hit ok.
The reflected amount was into the shareholder account  ( 130 CAD )

For the same 100 USD entry I had a second transaction to credit the
`Income account` denominated in CAD. The same amount (130) was calculated.

At the end the US account ends with a balance of 0 but it reflects the
fact that the income was in US dollars and deposited in my personal account.

This was the way of working for the last 5 years or so, however now I
get at least 3 more transactions, 2 more trading accounts has been
created (CAD and USD)  and there is no way to make it to calculate the
Canadian amount.

Another issue if I calculate the CAD amount I allways have some
remaining into the Imbalance account.

Any idea what happened or how am I suppose to do the same thing now?

Regards,
JB