[GNC] "Non-sticky" scroll bars in gnucash registers

Steve Cohen stevecoh2 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 14:45:55 EST 2019

I fear that the main thread of this issue has been lost due to the
irrelevant side issue raised about Windows.

Below is the latest real message in this thread (in response to Colin Law):

I was surprised to see 3.900 myself but that's what the About screen
tells me:

Version: 3.900
Build ID: git 3.1-100-geb67baba5+ (2018-06-03)
Finance::Quote: 1.47

I am running the standard gnome version of Ubuntu with the exception of
a change I made to get a wider scrollbar per:
https://askubuntu.com/questions/775201/how-do-i-get-a-bigger-static-scrollbar-aka-normal-scrollbar

I think I the only change I made was changing
      -GtkRange-slider-width: 16;
      -GtkRange-slider-width: 25;

However, this problem has been with me since gnucash v 2.x.x and on a
previous version of Ubuntu where I hadn't messed with the scroll bar width.

As for "X or Wayland" I don't know.  I am using whatever Ubuntu 18.04
ships with out of the box.