[GNC] I just need a line feed

Richard Marmor Richard at Arbour.cc
Thu Feb 7 15:34:29 EST 2019

   On 1/27 I posted the request for help below to which there have been
   no replies.  Is there no one out there who understands .SCM files?
   Help . . .
   ------------------
   In Gnucash 2.6.21, the standard report title for an Income Statement
   appears as:
   [Company Name][Report Title] For Period Covering [start date] to [end
   date]
   all on one long line, which for my purposes is too lengthy.
   In the report's generator file, income-statement.scm, I found this:
   (gnc:html-document-set-title!
    doc (sprintf #f
            (string-append "%s %s "
                     (_ "For Period Covering %s to %s"))
            company-name report-title
                  (gnc-print-date start-date-printable)
                  (gnc-print-date end-date-tp)))
   Can someone please tell me how to modify that to insert a line feed
   so the report title will appear on two lines as:
              [Company Name][Report Title]
               For Period Covering [start date] to [end date]
   I am not a programmer.  I tried reading some of the help information
   among the SCM files, but frankly it was all Greek to me. Help would
   be appreciated.
   Thank you!