[GNC] Debian Files for GnuCash 3.4-x

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 03:44:11 EST 2019

On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 at 22:18, Stephen M. Butler <kg7je at arrl.net> wrote:
> Should work on any distro that will accept a *.deb package file. Note
> the operative word here is "should".

That's interesting, I assumed it would have to have built in
dependencies on particular packages.  Has anyone tried them on Ubuntu
16.04?

If I run
apt-cache depends gnucash
it shows the list of packages that need to be installed to make it go.
This includes, for example, libboost-date-time1.65.1, I would have
expected the install to fail if the distribution does not have that
package available.  I may be wrong here though, I am a bit out of my
comfort zone.

Colin