[GNC] Debian Files for GnuCash 3.4-x

Stephen M. Butler kg7je at arrl.net
Fri Feb 8 13:34:25 EST 2019

On 2/8/19 12:44 AM, Colin Law wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Feb 2019 at 22:18, Stephen M. Butler <kg7je at arrl.net> wrote:
>> Should work on any distro that will accept a *.deb package file. Note
>> the operative word here is "should".
> That's interesting, I assumed it would have to have built in
> dependencies on particular packages.  Has anyone tried them on Ubuntu
> 16.04?
>
> If I run
> apt-cache depends gnucash
> it shows the list of packages that need to be installed to make it go.
> This includes, for example, libboost-date-time1.65.1, I would have
> expected the install to fail if the distribution does not have that
> package available.  I may be wrong here though, I am a bit out of my
> comfort zone.
>
> Colin

I uninstalled gnucash and removed all "released" packages then did an
install on my box and it brought in all the dependent packages.

Here are my steps:

sudo apt remove gnucash gnucash-common python3-gnucash

sudo apt autoremove

sudo apt install ./*_3.4_*.deb

I've down this on Ubuntu 18.04 and have heard that it works on Ubuntu
18.10.  Let me know the results if you try it on Ubuntu 16.04.

Note:  If you built from scratch and installed that build, you may need
to do "sudo make uninstall" from the old build directory.

--
Stephen M Butler, PMP, PSM
Stephen.M.Butler51 at gmail.com
kg7je at arrl.net