[GNC] postpone reconciliation broken: ignores my changes

Jamestk davidjamestk at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Feb 8 16:09:38 EST 2019

Michael, just a thought - individual transactions should save after each
entry, tapping the return key will move onto the next one auto saving the
previous - the reconciliation process is likely to be somewhat different,
GNC marks the entries but doesn't save these until the process is finalized
by activating 'finish' button, this will change entries from 'c' to 'r'
writing the result back to file -

Could I ask what button is used when you mention 'marked as complete', if
its the green reconciled tick button this appears to be non functional?

Thanks,

"Yesterday morning I reconciled a single account, marked it complete,
clicked “Save” and quit Gnucash - I was going to be out all day, and wasn’t
planning to do any more work on the books. The unusual aspect was the quick
sequence of finishing the reconciliation, clicking Save and Quit - usually I
would tidy up the papers before shutting down. The Mac itself was left
running."