[GNC] Backup recovery

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Mon Feb 11 04:28:04 EST 2019

On Monday, 11 February 2019 09:10:30 GMT Finbar Mahon wrote:

<SNIP>
> that I was working on another backup. I don't recall making one
> specifically but it was probably part of a 'general' HD backup. However,
> I have no idea how or when I restored it, if I ever did,

<SNAP>

Finbar,

re-read the GC info about backups & filenames.  GC normally makes a backup each
time you save the data file - and puts the timestamp numbers on the end of the
"working" filename.  It is one of these auto-backups that you opened (actually,
a backup-of-a-backup, hence the 2x digit strings) not anything that you
backed-up/restored external to GC.

HTH,
Maf.