[GNC] Version 3.4 Mac OS - intermittent fault with transaction editing popup

Michael Hendry hendry.michael at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 10:51:06 EST 2019

> On 11 Feb 2019, at 15:07, John Ralls <jralls at ceridwen.us> wrote:
>

>> On Feb 11, 2019, at 3:27 AM, Michael Hendry <hendry.michael at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> This came to my notice when trying to examine a number of Split Transactions.
>>
>> I selected the first transaction and right-clicked to bring up the menu, but when I clicked Split Transaction nothing happened.
>>
>> I tried one or two other transactions, and sometimes the popup menu options work and sometimes not.
>>
>> After trying other transactions the first one sometimes works, sometimes not.
>>
>> I haven’t been able to work out a way of producing this consistently.
>>
>> Is this a known issue?
>
> Maybe. If it's the one I know about the menu item isn't highlighted and moving the pointer up and down the menu doesn't have any visual effect. Move the pointer out of the menu and back in and the items highlight and everything works as it should.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

That’s the one!

I’m having great trouble reproducing it this afternoon, and hadn’t discovered the move-the-pointer trick on the inert popup.

But I have discovered that moving the cursor just outside the top of an active popup (i.e. one which does highlight the options) may make it inert when the cursor is brought back in.

Michael