[GNC] Problem after upgrade from 2.6.14 to 3.x, bookings of an account are cut off

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Feb 12 00:04:41 EST 2019

Logs are by default written to https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Tracefile. Use --logto=foo to change that; stdout and stderr are special values of foo that do what you'd expect, otherwise foo is expected to be a file path.

> but first of all the problem:
> in the account/bookings view gnucash shows me only entries until a specific
> date. all newer and newly created bookings are not being shown.
> But there are bookings in the MySQL (respecitvely MariaDB) databases. I see
> there all corresponding transactions and splits.
> the corresponding bookings in the other accounts are shown.
>
> I migrated to 3.x by exporting the book into xml, but in this file(s) the
> contents are already missing.
>
> I have a backup of the database (which worked fine until gnucash 2.6.14. But
> if I open that database using gnucash 3.3 or 3.4 those data are not shown.
>
> currently:
> Version: 3.4
> Build ID: 3.4+ (2018-12-30)
> Finance::Quote: 1.47
>
> using the command-line option --debug doesn't show any database related
> information or exceptions.

As a first guess you have a filter set. Select View>Filter By... and make sure that "Show All" is selected on the date tab.

Regards,
John Ralls