[GNC] transaction imported do not show up

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Fri Feb 15 23:21:40 EST 2019

Anatoly,

When you import the data is the transaction matching window coming up where
you can review the transfer accounts and the import status. If the matcher
cannot assign an account using its algorithm it will assign the second split
of the transaction to an account called Imbalance. This account should
normally have a zero balance and any non-zero balance may indicate
transactions which haven't had an appropriate account assigned to them.
These will normally show up with a yellow background in the matcher window
indicating they need to have an account for the second split of the
transacton assigned to them.

 They should still show up in the register for the account you are importing
to. If the OFX file does not specify the account being imported to in its
structure, it is normally the account whose register was open when you
initiated the import. It may also be possible the importer may have imported
the transactions to the wrong account. I am not sure but it appears to
construct an association between the OFX file account specified and a
specific internal GnuCash account. I don't know how that is done for OFX
files though.

David Cousens

-----
David Cousens