[GNC] transaction imported do not show up

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 05:04:16 EST 2019

David Cousens,

OFX files must have a <FI> <ORG> tag and <FID> tag identifying the
financial institution as well as additional tags identifying the user and
account id's so that the first time an account ID appears GnuCash requires
the user to explicitly assign some account to that ID.  The second time the
same info appears the software will assign the transactions to the
[hopefully] correct bank account.
GnuCash does not ever assign OFX transactions to whatever account is handy.

The Imbalance account does appear when GnuCash does not recognize the
<NAME> assigned to a transaction from previous imports.  The dates,
however, must appear in a certain format, and if incorrect, will usually
cause an import to fail except possibly the first or second week of the
year.

That is all spelled out [except the Imbalance part] in the OFX
specification used by all institutions that know how to apply it.

David Carlson