[GNC] UK VAT and "Making Tax Digital"

Peter von Kaehne refdoc at gmx.net
Sat Feb 16 16:18:46 EST 2019

Hi,

We are using Gnucash very gratefully for now over a decade in our small
business. We are VAT registered.

The UK government has declared it requires from this year onwards VAT
businesses to go towards a complete digital solution with their tax
under new law called "Making Tax Digital". All tax records need to be
in a seamless electronic format from entering into books to filing with
the tax office. An API has apparently been offered - but I can not so
far find any link to it.

The main obstacle I can see for us right now is we have as far as I can
tell no way to file Tax returns from inside the programme.

Is there anything you have in the pipeline? We can hardly be the first
or only who will have a problem...

Many thanks!

Peter