[GNC] UK VAT and "Making Tax Digital"

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Sun Feb 17 07:48:03 EST 2019

On 2/16/2019 4:18 PM, Peter von Kaehne wrote:

> The main obstacle I can see for us right now is we have as far as I can
> tell no way to file Tax returns from inside the programme.
>
> Is there anything you have in the pipeline? We can hardly be the first
> or only who will have a problem...
As others have already pointed out, there is no requirement that this be
from within the bookkeeping program.

At the same time, I do understand why you would think that ability
useful to you (and I agree, it would be). But do you understand, when
you are asking "is it in the development pipeline" what you are REALLY
asking? That gnucash have this capability for eery jurisdiction on the
planet. I mean, why should YOURS have some special place in the line.

Commercial "combined packages" << general ledger, POS, tax
reporting/filing, inventory, payroll, etc. >> are usually written to
compete in the market of those satisfying the requirements of some
specific jurisdiction or rang of jurisdictions. For example, look at the
packages sold here in the US. Do you see them even dealing with VAT let
alone being to report it as required?

Michael D Novack