[GNC] Help

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Tue Feb 19 10:00:56 EST 2019

> On Feb 19, 2019, at 3:56 AM, Maurizio Campagnano <maurizio.campagnano at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Support
>
> Sorry if I insist, since it is not the first time that I report the problem, but
> I would at least like an answer.
>
> From version 3.0 for Mac the Gnucash windows do not open completely
> and in this condition the mouse position does not match the area
> relative sensitive. In this way the selection either does not take place or takes place in one
> position different from the one chosen. Also open the program to everything
> screen does not solve the problem. The only solution is to size every time every single window at the correct size. This makes almost impossible to use the program. I saw placing the
> problem that others could not do better than switch to the version
> Windows.
> I do not know if the problem is solvable. At the time I solved it using the
> version 2 at the last release.
> I use MacOS Mojave 10.14.2.
> I did a test on another MAC with the El Capitan 10.11.6 operating system
> and here, however, the latest version 3.0 works wonders. evidently
> there is a problem with Mojave. I'm the only one who uses the latest updated Mac
> version? Or nobody uses Gnucash with the Mac?
>
> Also known that for a while I can not download FinanceQuote Update since
> the Mac tells me that a variable is missing. Is it my mistake?
>
> <image1.tiff>

It sounds like your problem with Mojave is that you have tabs enabled. Open System Preferences>Dock and set "Prefer tabs when opening documents" to "In full screen only".

Gtk apps don't work well in full screen on Macs, I recommend that you avoid using it with GnuCash. You can get almost the same effect by creating a Space for Gnucash, dragging the main window there, and enlarging it to the size of the screen by dragging the edges.

For the finance quote update app you need to drag it out of the dmg to the same folder as Gnucash.app. If it still doesn't work you can open Terminal and run
  sudo /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/bin/gnc-fq-update

Regards,
John Ralls