[GNC] Cashflow-like report to show realized and unrealized gains / balance sheet delta report

Chary Chary chary314 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 19:02:06 EST 2019

Hello everybody,

I just started learning gnucash with the goal to depart from my from my
Excel-based bookkeeping system with pivot tables, so forgive me if I ask
stupid question. i think I read pretty much all of the help file, but still
didn't understand whether the following is possible:

I am just wondering  whether there is a cashflow-like report which shows
also realized and unrealized gains for certain period

What exactly I mean by this:

Say at the beginning of the year I have produced a Balance Sheet report.
This report shows how much assets I have, which liabilities and delta
between them. Suppose at begging of the year I had checking accounts in USD
and Euro and some stock.
Throughout the year I was getting salary, paying expenses, at the same time
exchange rate was changing, stock price was changing etc. My be I sold some
stock, moved money between USD and Euro accounts

Now at the end of the year I have produced a new balance sheet.

So, I want to be able to explain a delta between a balance sheet at the
beginning of the ear and at the end.

E.g.:

I got so much salary
I paid so much costs

But also:
Lost so much due to exchange rate change
Gained to much due to stock price increase etc.

So, effectively I need to be able to drill down in the delta in Balance
Sheet report

Regards.
Chary