[GNC] Cashflow-like report to show realized and unrealized gains / balance sheet delta report

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 20:06:01 EST 2019

Welcome to the GnuCash user community!

A caveat:  GnuCash reports sometimes give erroneous values when there is
more than one currency in the book  and when there are securities included
in the assets.  There is no simple way to say certain settings will give
accurate results for all cases.  However, seasoned users have found
settings that work for their particular circumstances.  To make matters
more interesting, Release 3.4, the current release, differs from older
releases  as some, but not all of the issues have been addressed.

Other users here can help with specific issues when you get to them.  One
of the gray areas that you hint that you will face is unrealized gains.
You will need to customize your reports somewhat to use 'Nearest in Time"
valuations and to verify that you have values in your price database for
the dates used in your reports.

Good Luck.

David Carlson

David Carlson