[GNC] Cashflow-like report to show realized and unrealized gains / balance sheet delta report

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Sun Feb 24 20:57:17 EST 2019

On 2/24/2019 7:02 PM, Chary Chary wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I just started learning gnucash with the goal to depart from my from my
> Excel-based bookkeeping system with pivot tables, so forgive me if I ask
> stupid question. i think I read pretty much all of the help file, but still
> didn't understand whether the following is possible:
>
> I am just wondering  whether there is a cashflow-like report which shows
> also realized and unrealized gains for certain period

> Now at the end of the year I have produced a new balance sheet.
>
> So, I want to be able to explain a delta between a balance sheet at the
> beginning of the ear and at the end.
  Have you run the Income Statement report for the corresponding
interval? (start date day after previous Balance Sheet; end date the
date of the current Balance Sheet.

Does that not show what you want?

Michael D Novack

PS --- a Cash Flow report is something very different. For example, an
unrealized gain would NOT show on it. People may have to run both the
Income Statement and Balance Sheet ( the FIRST time also Balance Sheet
at start, after that you will have the "previous" from last time. But
you can sort of be doing very well in those terms but still run out of
CASH. It's the Cash Flow report that deals with that. By the same token,
you could be doing OK in terms of cash flow (temporarily) but heading
for a crash (building up debt, for example).