[GNC] Check printing issue: Windows 10/GnuCash 3.4

Steven Morrison slmorrison at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 26 14:20:12 EST 2019

I apologize if this is going to the wrong user list...this is the first
time I've posted a question.

I opened an existing account file following a clean install of Windows
10 and GnuCash 3.4, and found the program ran correctly and printed all
reports, except for selecting File > Print Checks that either
immediately crashed the program or opened the check printing window that
then crashed the program if I "clicked" anywhere on the form.  In
addition the Address portion of the form is grayed out.

In an effort to make sure I had a clean installation of GnuCash, I
removed the program, edited all references out of the registry file, and
reinstalled GnuCash, only to have the same problem occur.

The GnuCash trace function returns this message:

* 10:58:17  CRIT <gnc.printing.checks> free_check_format: assertion
'data' failed

A search of Windows error messages makes me think there is a problem
with access to one of the libraries, but I don't know how to locate what
the problem is...or perhaps to effect a repair. Any chance someone could
point me in the proper direction?