[GNC] BUSINESS CHECK PRINTING - BILLS PAID INFORMATION ON STUBS

Greg Crawford gcrawfordemail at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 18:16:00 EST 2019

Victor, thanks for the reply. The data for the splits will be present in my
company file moving forward, I will be entering it complete and in real
time. I'm looking for workable solutions prior to migrating all of my
companies to GNUCASH. And printing bill payment checks, with meaningful
stubs is a must.

My level of programming expertise is spotty. I've messed around extensively
with VBA doing work with Excel, cobbling together solutions for my own very
specific accounting tasks. At the moment, if nobody has something much
simpler to offer here... I see the most likely solution being to write an
external VBA script that will go and grab the data right from my XML file
itself and build the checks external to GNUCASH. To a man with a hammer...
everything looks like a nail, I guess. I don't love it. It seems labor
intensive and clunky. I had hoped for more from GNUCASH... Especially since
the data points I need all seem to be present somewhere... Just not linked
up accessibly.

Hoping others might have a solution up their sleeves. Or that someone can
definitively say there is NOT one. I hope that's not the case, but it would
at least be a starting point, I suppose.