[GNC] How to set up Standing Order/Direct Debit with different first amount in GnuCash

Alan A Holmes alan at alanaholmes.me.uk
Thu Feb 28 10:35:41 EST 2019

I'm a new recruit to using GnuCash, having used Quicken for almost 25 years
(and Quicken 2000 since 2000!). It was getting more and more difficult to
install and run Quicken, so I finally took the plunge and changed. GnuCash
being free won the evaluationJ

However, being steeped in using Quicken I'm used to the various features it
offered.

I'm currently trying to set up a scheduled transaction for a rates bill,
where there are a total of 8 payments, with the 1st payment a different
amount to the other 7. Quicken used to allow this as a feature of setting up
a standing order, but the only way I've found to do this in GnuCash so far
is to set up 2 scheduled transaction, the first for 1 month and the second
for 7 months. I've looked through the various documents but not found
another way. Is there another better/easier way of doing this in GnuCash?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Alan A Holmes

---