[GNC] Non-zero starting balance?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 01:02:53 EST 2019

Bo,

If you still have copies of your bank statements you can review the
register a nd compare the running balances to your statements to see if or
when the balances do not match.  If there are a few outstanding items at
the end of a statement period they should account for any difference.

You probably entered one transaction at the beginning to set your original
starting balance in the register.

If you allowed Gnucash to automatically re balance your account at some
point there may be additional transactions that do not match your
statements which you will need to find and delete.

In general it is ok to ignore a difference in the reconciliation starting
balance from your bank statement if your running register balance matches
except for outstanding items.

Such a difference might come from an item that was entered with an earlier
date to correct some previous error.

David C