[GNC] Stock Quotes

nvsoar nvsoar at charter.net
Thu Jan 3 14:03:01 EST 2019

On 01/02/19 08:51, Dave Cooper via gnucash-user wrote:
> Hi gnucash
>
> I have returned to gnu-cash having not used it for several years so
> please bear with me.
> I have reloaded the system and set it up to get some UK stock prices
> (LSE) using Alphavantage
> Unfortunately I get poor results - only 25% - 50% prices are returned
> - I assume this is caused by time outs
> As a temporary fix I now use yahoo - json  which gets results every
> time so far, but I have to manually adjust these prices because the
> return is in pence not pounds
> Is there a parameter or easy way to fix this?
>
> I note that yahoo are having problems due to their historical data for
> UK is in pounds - not that I am going there.
>
> Cheers
> Dave
A solution to AlphaVantage limits is in Ameet Sengar's message;
available here.
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-user/2018-September/079698.html
It has been my experience that the AlphaVantage.pm file is read only.
Change file properties to read write to modify;  then back to read
only.  (Notepad++ worked well for me on a Win10 system.)
nvsoar