[GNC] Car loan with downpayment using a credit card

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Jan 3 20:59:55 EST 2019

When you imported transactions, were the downpayment(s) not part of that download?

If so, how were they assigned on the other end of the transaction at import?

Something that might help, if you aren’t already using it, is to turn on Transaction Journal view in the View menu. You can also set this as a default setting from Preferences. This will show you all splits in all transactions at all times. One split will always be for the current account register you are viewing, the others will be for the other side(s) of the transaction.

For each downpayment, you should have something similar to:

Cr.	Assets:Checking OR Liabilities:Credit Card
Dr.	Liabilities:Car Loan

Thus the three credit card payments would offset the Car Loan liability with increases (credits) to the respective Credit Card liabilities, and the Cheque would reflect a decrease (credit) in your checking account.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Adrien