[GNC] Tracking Reimbursable Medical Expenses

Aaron Laws dartme18 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 12:21:48 EST 2019

I see. Responses inline.

On Sat, Jan 5, 2019 at 10:58 PM David Cousens <davidcousens at bigpond.com>
wrote:

> Aaron
>
> Asset:HSA is your savings fund. The payment of money into that account is
> exactly as you priginally proposed.
>
> The 4 way split
> > Asset:Medical Reimbursable             $5
> > Liability:Credit Card                                     $5
> > Expenses:Medical                            $5
> > Asset:HSA                                                  $5

This all makes sense and makes the numbers work which is better than
anything I came up with! The only problem I have with it is: reconciling
the HSA account is difficult when the balance of the HSA bank account
represented in the books over two accounts, HSA and Medical Reimbursable.
Maybe that can be made easier in GNU Cash by making Medical Reimbursable a
subaccount of HSA. Then reconciliation can be done "with subaccounts". At
first review, this seems very good. I'll put it into practice and let you
know if there's something that's not working right. Thank you very much!