[GNC] known bug in crash while editing reconciled transactions? (John Ralls)

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Sun Jan 6 14:20:58 EST 2019

We'll deal with the crash separately. It's clearly a GtkFileChooser bug so I've
opened
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gtk/issues/1566
and closed yours "not gnucash".

I think that you're not stating clearly what you did: If you edit "the other half" of the transaction and change the transfer account then the reconciled split goes to a different account. Surely you don't expect it to stay reconciled in that case?

I agree that if editing a reconciled split from a "general ledger register"--one that's independent of any account as is the case with find results from the Accounts page--doesn't raise a warning dialog about editing a reconciled split it's a bug.

Regards,
John Ralls