[GNC] Does CSV importer work with foreign currencies?

boldstripe michael.nabble at wengam.com
Mon Jan 7 16:55:25 EST 2019

I have added my report to the bug report about the single line CSV issue
(above).

Converting my CSV files to a two-line format is probably more than I can do,
but I will look at it.

My workaround for now is to pre-convert the currency to my base currency in
a spreadsheet program, adding an extra column for 'Deposit-base_currency'
where I multiply by the exchange rate. After importing on this new column, I
get a base-currency version of the foreign account in GnuCash and can
compile the expense reports I need. But this is inelegant and cannot easily
be checked against the bank statements in the foreign currency.