[GNC] editing reconciled transactions changes reconcile status

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jan 7 23:59:11 EST 2019

If I read Liz’s latest reply correctly, the issue is with an asset account. (bank)

The status changed when she changed the description.

The status did not change when she changed the debit split to a different expense account.

So GnuCash seems to care if you change who the money was paid to, but not why.

As the reconciliation is of the asset account (based on how much you paid to whom and when, the why being immaterial to the balance) this is probably acceptable behavior.

I would suppose the payee is also immaterial to the balance. I recall long ago reconciling check#s, dates and amounts. The bank rarely had the payee listed on my statement for all checks.

I should think then the only things that should unset the flag are changing:

Date
Amount (for the split(s) for *this* account)
NUM (maybe)

Everything else can be changed without altering the balance as of the reconciliation date.

Regards,
Adrien