[GNC] business Accounts Payable questions

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Jan 10 05:49:44 EST 2019

Op donderdag 10 januari 2019 02:13:50 CET schreef Adrien Monteleone:
> > On Jan 9, 2019, at 3:44 PM, Tim Kallmer <tkallmer at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > i'm new to using GC for business.
> >
> > i don't understand the format and behavior Accounts Payable account. can
> > you explain the 'Ty' column that starts with '?', then toggles between 'I'
> > and 'P'? are these 'type', 'invoiced', and 'paid'? can you explain why the
> > due date cell cannot be edited in 'I' mode?
>
> Yes, the column is ’Type’, if you expand the width you’ll see the full
> label. Yes, P & I are for ‘Payment’ and ‘Invoice’. (‘Bills’ are also listed
> as ‘Invoices’ but in the A/R account) The ? is only on empty transactions.
> (which you should not be creating manually)

And for clarity: you should never alter this column manually! You may
unintentionally create unalterable transactions that way (although running
check & repair should fix that for you).
In fact in most cases you should not modify anything at all in a A/P or A/R
register. They are intended as accounting reflection of actions performed by
the Business menu features.

Geert