[GNC] Reconciliation Report -- Can't find transactions

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Sat Jan 12 12:44:33 EST 2019

I just discovered the same thing myself yesterday. (I never use the report) I can’t imagine what utility that has. I also think it is a bug since the primary sort order was ‘date’ and there was an option to choose ‘reconciled date’ instead, but the general tab date range only operates on reconciled date.

This is quite strange. I certainly didn’t expect that behavior.

If one edits a transaction that is reasonably far back in history (say for some minor spelling error, or a refactoring of expense accounts) which then gets the reconcile flag unset and you have to re-reconcile to reset it, now that old transaction is going to show up on your current reconciliation report.

I had to re-reconcile some periods from 2016 not long ago for this very reason. When I ran the report yesterday to see reconciled transactions from 2018, I had old transactions mixed in. It seems it is impossible to get a report (without resorting to a spreadsheet workflow) that shows me what I wanted to see. (yes, I can run a filter on the register and then run a register report - I’m talking about using *this* report)

Is that intended?

With no way out?

Regards,
Adrien