[GNC] Copy a month's budget

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 12 14:48:54 EST 2019

I’ve said it before: I dislike bottom posting because I have to scroll through everything that has been written on the thread just to get to the single pithy comment that is new. This is especially annoying when attempting to read email on a small screen. I will admit that I prefer bottom posting if I am trying to take in a full thread at the tail end. However, that only rarely occurs, since I prefer to use my email program’s sorting abilities to present to me the pieces in order.

WRT to Stephen’s comment, I’ll note that as technology changes, so too do modes of processing information. For example, there is growing evidence that hypertext document formats fundamentally change how the human brain processes information, making it more difficult for individuals to focus on single subjects for long periods of time. And imagine how different your writing process has changed with the advent of digital technologies, as opposed to when you had to write everything down on paper before you sat down at a manual typewriter to create the final copy to turn in. My point is that “Because that’s how we always did it” isn’t necessarily reason to continue following a protocol.

David