[GNC] Off-topic "how the brain works"

Liz edodd at billiau.net
Sat Jan 12 20:57:35 EST 2019

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 01:18:54 +0530
"David T. via gnucash-user" <gnucash-user at gnucash.org> wrote:

> WRT to Stephen’s comment, I’ll note that as technology changes, so
> too do modes of processing information. For example, there is growing
> evidence that hypertext document formats fundamentally change how the
> human brain processes information, making it more difficult for
> individuals to focus on single subjects for long periods of time. And
> imagine how different your writing process has changed with the
> advent of digital technologies, as opposed to when you had to write
> everything down on paper before you sat down at a manual typewriter
> to create the final copy to turn in. My point is that “Because that’s
> how we always did it” isn’t necessarily reason to continue following
> a protocol.

This is fascinating to me. When I did my primary degrees we were taught
a number of biological things as inviolate processes. Almost 40 years
later doing a Masters I learnt that things had changed in the meantime,
and what was unchangeable was now fluid, but my peer professionals are
often stuck back in the disproven teachings of last century.

Liz