[GNC] Currency symbol (INR) not showing on Tax Invoice report

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 09:08:30 EST 2019

Hi Deva,

Am 15.01.19 um 13:58 schrieb Deva -:
> Hello,
>
> I am on GnuCash 3.4, Mac OS 10.13.6 (High Sierra).
>
> Please see attached for a sample invoice I generate out of GnuCash based on the Tax Invoice report (sensitive data has been masked). Today was the first time I tried to run this report from GnuCash 3.4 and I noticed that the INR currency symbol is showing up as a missing symbol icon.
>
> Any suggestions on how to fix this?

You need (to install and) use a font, wich contains the symbol. See
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_get_I_rid_of_strange_unreadable_characters_or_adjust_the_font_size

> I tried turning off the display of currency symbol in the report via Edit->Report Options, but didn’t see anything to that effect.

At least you should be able to use something else, see
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_I_dislike_some_of_the_new_currency_symbols_of_GnuCash_2.6

> Cheers,
> Deva

Cheers