[GNC] Copying settings, layout, and colors to another computer

Michael or Penny Novack stepbystepfarm at comcast.net
Thu Jan 17 18:18:18 EST 2019

On 1/17/2019 5:55 PM, Tim Kallmer wrote:
> What folder or files can I copy from one Ubuntu to another to avoid having
> to set up settings, layout, and colors again? Both have 3.4.
Question --- is there some reason why you DON'T want to be moving some
of your user data from one to the other?

Whenever I do something like this I am almost always wanting to copy
over ALL of my data. It can be tricky when changing OS's but here you
are linux to linux << what directory user data is in will be exactly the
same >>

In other words, you are asking specifically about gnucash data. Is that
how you plan to do it? Worrying about each application and what user
config data you need to copy over? You know such data HAS to be in your
user directory tree because multiple users are supported. So as long as
the entire user directory is copied, you should be all set.

Michael D Novack