[GNC] Importing QIF results into duplicate entry

David T. sunfish62 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 20 11:55:56 EST 2019

Hi,

Welcome to GnuCash.

Getting your data into GnuCash always seems to be a challenge; many threads on the lists over the years attest to it.

Given your particular problem—that is, your exported data is producing overlaps in the results—you might be advised to revisit the export piece and separate the accounts into different QIF files. Beginning with the account with the most transactions, perform an import into GnuCash. Then, **in separate passes**, import the other files, and be sure to use the assignment window to link your incoming transactions to those that already exist in the file. In this way, you can tell GnuCash to connect the transactions together in the final file.

Cheers,
David T.