[GNC] Date Completion - sliding 12 month window

Parke parke.nexus at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 14:16:55 EST 2019

Hello,

Thank you David and Greet for your answers.

On Sat, Jan 19, 2019 at 1:55 AM Geert Janssens
<geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be> wrote:
> Are you able to change any of the other preferences ? If not, there may be a
> problem with the settings backend (which on linux systems is dconf).

I am not able to change any of the preferences.

It seems very likely that I have intentionally disabled dconf on my system.

Ubuntu keeps on adding more and more... (how shall I say it...)
layers... and I have taken steps to disable as many of them as
possible.

> Does the trace file [1]  show warnings if you try to change this date option ?

Yes, simply opening the preferences window causes multiple lines (all
the same) to appear in the trace file:

* 11:06:21  WARN <dconf> failed to commit changes to dconf: Could not
connect: Connection refused

Also, when I create a new set of books, the following is printed to
stdout/stderr:

Found Finance::Quote version 1.47
Error creating proxy: Could not connect: Connection refused
(g-io-error-quark, 39)

Come 2020, I may try switching to Lubuntu 20.04.

Many thanks,

Parke