[GNC] How to save my file

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Wed Jan 23 23:26:44 EST 2019

Save the file (default format is XML) anywhere you want. Though I’d recommend *not* on the desktop as the app will generate log files in the same folder as your data file and these may quickly fill up the screen.

When Gnucash is running, right-click its Dock icon and choose Options > “Keep in Dock”.

Next time you want to run Gnucash, launch it from the dock and it will open the last used file automatically. (navigating to where you saved the file and double-clicking does not work on a Mac)

Also, be certain you actually installed the application to your /Applications folder (by copying it there from the .dmg you downloaded) and are not simply launching it from within the .dmg folder.

Regards,
Adrien