[GNC] lost data

David Cousens davidcousens at bigpond.com
Thu Jan 24 21:21:09 EST 2019

John,

If Adrien's suggestions don't work the following site has techniques for finding files on windows
https://edu.gcfglobal.org/en/windowsbasics/finding-files-on-your-computer/1/

and for Linux https://www.linode.com/docs/tools-reference/tools/find-files-in-linux-using-the-command-line/.

Looking for files with .gnucash extensions starting with your home directory and then expanding the search is your best
bet. ($find <path> -name "*.gnucash" will find all occurrences in the directory pointed to by path in Linux).

A common problem which occurs sometimes is having opened a backup file (which is located in the same directory as your
main file) and then subsequently opening the main file again. Your missing transactions could be in a backup file. See
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v3/C/gnucash-guide/basics-backup1.html.

David Cousens