[GNC] lost data

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Thu Jan 24 22:07:07 EST 2019

In a worst case, there are linux-based data recovery tools you can run from a live cd that can image the drive and rebuild files from that image.

Deleting a file and even emptying the trash does not necessarily destroy the data, but simply prevents the OS from accessing it and frees up the disk space to be written to. (it may not have been re-used yet)

However, the time involved in doing such a recovery may be greater than simply re-entering the data if you have it in some other form.

Best of luck.

Regards,
Adrien