[GNC] PDF export of reports

Raimund Strehl raimund.strehl at novamar.de
Thu Jan 24 11:07:02 EST 2019

Hi all,

Don't know if anyone else has noticed and if maybe there is a whole thread already, but PDF export has a flaw.
I have tested this on several Windows 10 machines on Gnucash 2.6 and 3.2/3.4.

Reports export fine to PDF, but at page transitions it can happen, that a line of text gets cut in half.

First half is on the end of one page and other half is at the start of next page.

This seems to happen independently of page size settings. If the lines in the report /e.g. general ledger report by chance match with the space available on the page it looks fine on that page,
but on the next page it can run into the problem.

I think what is missing is a command checking like this
IF this line does not fit on page
DO NOT start printing it
BUT send a new page command and continue with printing the line.

You can see, I am not a programmer

Any ideas for a solution or a workaround??

As it is now, I have to export as HTML, import in Excel and then print a useable PDF with clean page transitions

BR
Raimund