[GNC] Migrating from AceMoney

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jan 28 20:45:52 EST 2019

If you have the install discs for that machine, consider converting to a VM if you want to ditch Windows as the main OS sooner rather than later. (you could dual boot, but since the end goal is ditch Windows entirely, and you likely need AceMoney you won’t want to reboot to switch back and forth) Also note, some recovery discs won’t install into a VM, you’d need original Windows discs.

For MacOS, you can use VirtualBox or VMWare at no charge, VMWare also has a paid version and there is also Parallels. With VMWare and Parallels you can easily run Windows apps seamlessly on the Mac. If you are bit adventurous, you might get lucky via Wine as well. (which has a paid version called ‘Crossover’)

VMWare used to have a separate tool to convert a physical Windows installation into a VM so if you don’t have the discs to fresh install into the VM, you could go that route. I know it worked for XP, not sure of the Vista/7 or later.

Regards,
Adrien