[GNC] Miscalculation in cashflow reports

mongolie2006-gnu at yahoo.fr mongolie2006-gnu at yahoo.fr
Wed Jul 3 02:01:15 EDT 2019

Erdenet (Mongolia).

Hello.
This discussion concerns the following bug:
797093 – Miscalculation in cashflow reports

|  |
797093 – Miscalculation in cashflow reports

When there is a split, GnuCash doesn't correctly calculate the cash flow. The attached file, which is essentially the same as the one posted by Fiable.biz (me) in bug #622778, shows a salary of 1 000 € paid for half by bank transfer (in cash), for half from a loan granted to the employee. Now see the cash flow report for the sole bank account, from 2010-01-01 to 2010-12-31, in euros. You'll see that the "money out" is 1 000 €, compensated by 500 € of Money in, while the Money out should be 500 €, and Money in should be 0. The money from A/Receivable doesn't goes to the bank account. It's not a cash flow. It will never appear in my bank transactions statement. My bank cannot know it. It goes directly to the expenses (payroll) account.

  When there are multiple credit accounts and multiple debit accounts in a split, my idea is that the amount of money in a credit account should be, for the cash flow report calculation, regarded as distributed between the debit accounts proportionally to the total amounts affected to these debit accounts (and reciprocally, the amount of money in a debit account should be regarded as distributed between credit accounts proportionally to the amounts affected to these credit accounts).

  But when there is only one debit account and multiple credit accounts, or the opposite, the calculation is indisputable, and the above example shows a clear bug.From IFRS for SMEs (version 2015, in force), no.7.1:
"The statement of cash flows provides information about the changes in cash and cash equivalents of an entity for a reporting period" (End of quotation)
So things don't producing any change in cash or cash equivalents are not "cash flow".
Therefore I would like that old bug to be corrected...
Thank you for your attention.