[GNC] Unable to reconcile

Anna anna.tricoter at gmail.com
Tue Jul 2 09:03:07 EDT 2019

It was mentioned that this issue arose after an update - in fact, that it was the first reconciliation since that update.

On 01/07/2019 17:10:49, David Carlson <david.carlson.417 at gmail.com> wrote:
As others have also mentioned, they are not seeing the same issue that you are, at least with the given details.  While your last message does list the transaction dates in detail, it does not mention other factors such as whether this, for you, is a new issue in a recent update or whether reconciling in GnuCash is a process that you may be trying for the first time, or whether you have verified the other steps, including checking the starting and ending balances.

Now that release 3.6 is out, you (and others) can also check whether that release behaves the same way.  Historically, others have not seen your issue, but you are correct that it should not be requiring that transactions be dated on the cleared date, unless you are specifically trying to match dates to the dates shown on your bank statement.  For one account in my data, I actually do try to do that.

David Carlson