[GNC] Change a batch of transactions from income to Expense

Geert Janssens geert.gnucash at kobaltwit.be
Thu Jul 4 07:55:41 EDT 2019

In gnucash a transaction is always between two accounts, but your csv file
only hints at one. That means you need to help gnucash to learn what the
second account should be.

What you have created now are transactions from the "Camps Out" to the "Camps
Out" account, which really means no transaction at all.

What does your csv file really represent ? Is it money spent via a particular
bank account ? In that case the implicit account is that bank account. And you
can specify this account in the CSV importer at the top-right of the preview
page.

That is however only one way to use the csv importer and may not be what you
are after.

In addition to your csv file can you post some details on what you want the
imported result to look like in the end ? What are the transfer accounts for
the Camps Out transactions you want to see in the end ?

Geert