[GNC] gnucash 3.6 -- reports -- "URL cannot be shown" - SOLVED

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Mon Jul 8 15:54:43 EDT 2019

Not sure I helped much as you pegged webkit2 from your first post.

However, you noted you had both webkit2gtk-3.0 & webkit2gtk-3.0-dev installed but only webkit2gtk-4.0 and not webkit2gtk-4.0-dev. I understand installing webkit2gtk-4.0-dev solved the problem, but I wonder if removing the webkit2gtk-4.0 non-dev version instead would have accomplished the same thing. That is, was webkit looking for a function in webkit2gtk-x.0-dev and defaulting to looking at the highest version installed? (I’d suspect it was using webkit2gtk-4.0 since it was there, and then not finding what it needed in webkit2gtk-4.0-dev because it wasn’t installed) If you only had webkit2gtk-3.0 and webkit2gtk-3.0-dev installed, would it then work? (meaning the dependency list is technically correct)

Regards,
Adrien