[GNC] Scheduled transactions: Why create in advance?

David Carlson david.carlson.417 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 19:40:29 EDT 2019

Two of the great things that I like about GnuCash are

1. It allows rigorous adherence to double-entry bookkeeping at whatever
level of detail works for the user.

2  It provides tools that are very flexible and adaptable to the user's
preferred work methods, sometimes very easily, and sometimes they need some
creative adaptation.

In the case of scheduled transactions, I always put the word Sched in the
number field.  That tells me that the transaction need some TLC before I
consider it complete, whether it be correcting some values, deciding which
bank account to pay the bill out of, or even who to hire to mow the lawn.

I schedule some transactions several months early if I need to be sure to
have funds in the right place when they come due.

David Carlson

David Carlson