[GNC] Scheduled transactions: Why create in advance?

Alton Brantley alton.brantley at gmail.com
Thu Jul 11 02:04:32 EDT 2019

One option you could use is the ability to create the future transactions in a subaccount of the relevant account. Simply use the “include subaccounts” when you want to look at future balances, and don’t include that account when you want only the current figures.

On the date that the future transactions take effect, edit the account to move it from the subaccount to the parent account.

I do this with my bank account as follows:

Account: Bank
Subaccount: Bank:Income due
Subaccount:Bank:Payments due

I create future deposits in the Bank:Income due account and future payments (mortgage, utilities, etc) in the Bank:Payments due account.

When I want the actual Bank account updated, I just open each subaccount, edit off the “:Income due” or “Payments due”, and the transaction is moved to the parent account.

-Alton Brantley