[GNC] How to update Description info in Payment Field of Customer Report?

Adrien Monteleone adrien.monteleone at lusfiber.net
Fri Jul 12 13:01:06 EDT 2019

Sorry, forgot that detail.

I’m not editing in the AR register. (generally, you should not do so)

I clicked the ‘payment’ link in the Customer Report. This opened my asset register that was used as the transfer account when I processed the payment. In this case, it was an Undeposited Funds account because they paid with a check. I edited the memo there.

Note, you *can* edit in the AR register, though it is not advised. If you really want to do the edit there, be sure to put the ‘description’ you want in the `memo` field of the non-AR split. (the transfer account you received the payment to) It will still show on the Customer Report.

If I’m not mistaken, I think the bug report I mentioned covers this issue with the AR edit not showing up on the Customer Report. (it also duplicates the same info in the Notes field - overwriting what was there, and vice versa)

Regards,
Adrien