[GNC] Custom reports don't survive upgrade to v3

Macho Philipovich macho.p at riseup.net
Sat Jul 13 11:58:47 EDT 2019

Thanks to Christopher, Geert, and David for your responses last week.

Based on the information you provided, I've been able to begin to sort
out the changes with 3.x.

I was able to restore my custom fork of the Tax Invoice.

But I'm still working at restoring a custom .scm I had forked off of the
Transaction report.

When I start to work based off of the file
/usr/share/gnucash/scm/gnucash/report/standard-reports/transaction.scm I
seem to get the Reconciliation Report, which is not what I want. Is
there any easy way to copy transaction.scm to ~/.config/gnucash and have
it act like the Transaction Report instead?

If I understand correctly, they both inherit from the General Ledger,
but I don't want to work based on its file, from that low a level either.

I'm hoping that from there I can recreate my previous custom changes in
the 3.x version of the report, and document those changes well in case
further upgrade require this again.

Thanks so much!

Macho