[GNC] Online price retrieval

John Ralls jralls at ceridwen.us
Mon Jul 15 16:28:07 EDT 2019

> On Jul 14, 2019, at 6:06 PM, durusau at netzero.net wrote:
>
> Does anyone know (or think he/she knows) whether online price retrieval is supposed towork with windows version 6.1.7601?  I ran the install procedure, but it seems to havefailed.  It didn't leave a log file that I could identify, so I don't really know what to look at. Joe D. durusau at netzero.net

Yes, it should work on Win7.

Look in the Start Menu for a folder named Strawberry Perl. If it's there then open it and pick "CPAN Client". You'll get a terminal window with a cpan>prompt. Tell it:

  install Date::Manip

and if that completes without errors

  install Finance::Quote

If they both complete successfully online quotes should work inside of GnuCash. If either fails or if the Strawberry folder is missing come back with details.

Regards,
John Ralls