[GNC] multiple accounts

Stan Brown the_stan_brown at fastmail.fm
Wed Jul 17 16:01:21 EDT 2019

On 2019-07-17 15:42, Bob Sisk wrote:
> I tried setting up another set of books, then when I tried to open my
> original set it would not allow me to open it, it kept opening the
> second set. I had to uninstall Gnucash then open my backup date to
> open the original set of books. ?????

I'm not sure what you mean by "would not allow". There are two ways you
can select a file in GC. (There may be more, but I know of two.)

* Open GC without a command-line argument. In this case GC will
automatically open the last file you were working with. If that's not
the one you want, you can simply click File » Open and open the one you
want.

* Open GC with the path and name of the desired file on the command
line. You may find it helpful to create a set of shortcuts or aliases to
pen the files you work with frequently -- IMHO that is a lot easier than
using the file picker built into GC.

Stan Brown
Tompkins County, New York, USA
http://BrownMath.com